Friday, March 28, 2014

Think Positive in Hard Times? No! Think Godly!

We live in a day and age where a lot of emphasis is placed on how much better our life will be if we just think in a more positive way. If we will just have a more positive outlook, things will start to improve. But is that really the case when we are hit with one of those spirit crushing, crucible type experiences? Thinking positive might work for awhile but the longer we are in the crucible, the more we realize that thinking positive is not changing the situation.

No, I would recommend not thinking positive, but thinking Godly. What's the difference? Thinking positive is nothing more than saying: "I can get through this on my own!" Thinking Godly says: "Apart from Christ I can do nothing." (John 15:5) and "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13) As we think Godly, we receive the strength to endure no matter how hard the circumstance might be! May the Lord give us steadfast hearts (Psalm 57:7) to endure our hard times!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Daniel for alerting us to this on Twitter! I've written a book about our thinking. "Think on These Things" available on amazon.

    ReplyDelete