Wednesday, March 12, 2014

In A Hard Time? Who Are You Trusting?

When going through a hard time, our natural response is to say: “I don’t need any help. I can do this by myself.” Nothing is further from the truth. I remember when I was stationed at the Pentagon that a coworker stated that he believed Christianity to be nothing more than a crutch. He was right. Jesus says that apart from Him we can do nothing (John 15:5). Paul reminds us that we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us (Phil 4:13). Why is it that we feel the need to go it alone? Why do we resist acknowledging that we can’t do anything apart from Christ? Is it possible that we know that if we lean on Him for everything, we will lose control of the decisions in our lives and we just don’t want to give up that control? May our trust in Him be complete (Proverbs 3:5-6).

No comments:

Post a Comment