Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Emotionally Hijacked in Hard Times?


My wife wrote in my book: In the Crucible: "It is about 9:30 p.m. on March 10, 2012. I am in the waiting room by myself while Dan is undergoing an endoscopy. The nurses bring Dan out into the recovery room still under the effect of the anesthesia. The doctor is still not out of the surgery room, so I wait, hoping he was able to repair the bleeding ulcer. The doctor finally comes out and says, “Your husband does not have a bleeding ulcer, he has cancer.” I was emotionally hijacked! All that night while lying on the recliner in his hospital room, I became overwhelmed with the fear of losing my beloved Dan. I finally fell asleep crying softly to the Father through tears that expressed my fears in a way that words could never do."
 
Have you ever had that kind of experience? Such experiences indeed hijack our emotions, catch us by surprise, take our breath away.  BUT, be assured, they NEVER take God by surprise.  He had already prepared both of us for the crucible experience and He is preparing you as well!  2 Corinthians 4:16-17
 

No comments:

Post a Comment