Thursday, April 17, 2014

Hope when in the crucible--how is this possible?

Hope is not wishful thinking. "I hope you do OK on the exam tomorrow." "I hope the weather clears up soon." "I hope I can hang on just a bit longer." Hanging on has the sense of grasping a limb with our feet off the ground.  This is NOT the hope onto which we hold. I think a better word is holding onto, that is, our feet are on solid ground and we are holding onto God. Therefore our hope is an unrealized reality. It is an expectation of what will be that is perfectly certain.

Peter writes that we have a living hope that is based on the certainty of the resurrection of Jesus Christ (1 Peter 1:3).   No if's, and's or but's. It is this perfect expectation that we hold onto. And so our hope is: 


H olding
O nto
P erfect
E xpectations

 

No comments:

Post a Comment